100 Recipes from the Pastry Chef at the prestigious Ladurée, renowned among gourmets from the world over. This book is a precious object, designed to look and feel like one of their “cult” boxes of macarons, famous for their pastel colours and sophistication. The story of Ladurée started in 1862 when Louis Ernest Ladurée opened a bakery in the heart of Paris at 16, rue Royale. In 1872, following a fire, the little bakery became a pastry shop and the decoration was then done by Jules Cheret, a famous painter and poster-designer of the time. Jeanne Souchard, Ernest Ladurée’s wife, then had the idea of combining the Parisian café with a pastry-shope. She therefore created one of Paris’ first tea-rooms. In 1993 Ladurée is bought by Francis and David Holder and becomes one of the best-known gourmet addresses in Paris, a veritable institution with its famous “macaron” as its emblem. In 1997 Ladurée opens a tea-room/restaurant on the prestigious Champs-Elysées, followed by another in the Printemps department store and on the Left Bank as well as the beginning of their international adventure with branches in London, Geneva, Monaco and Tokyo. In this book Philippe Andrieu, the Pastry Chef at Ladurée, reveals 100 of the most famous Ladurée recipes, adapted for the general public. From the Strawberry Cake with Rose Choux Pastry to Pistachio Financiers and the world-famous macarons in all their variety, this icon of French “art de vivre” is brought to life in a pallet of pastries the colour of powder pink, light green, bright purple, and lemon yellow.
Autres contributions de...
- Ladurée : Soupers d'hiverVincent Lemains, Michel Lerouet, Marie-Pierre MorelÉditions du Chêne
- Ladurée : Dîners en amoureuxVincent Lemains, Michel Lerouet, Marie-Pierre MorelÉditions du Chêne
- L'art de recevoir, LADUREE : PETITS DEJEUNERSVincent Lemains, Pascale Chapaux-Morelli, Michel LerouetÉditions du Chêne
- Ladurée : Dîners de galaVincent Lemains, Michel Lerouet, Marie-Pierre MorelÉditions du Chêne
- L'art de recevoir, LADUREE : PIQUE-NIQUES CHICSVincent Lemains, Michel LerouetÉditions du Chêne
- L'art de recevoir, LADUREE : BRUNCHES ENTRE AMISVincent Lemains, Michel LerouetÉditions du Chêne
- Le canard de JulieJulie AndrieuÉd. France loisirs
- Les carnets de cuisine de la mère PoulardEric VannierEditions du Chêne29,00
- Les carnets de cuisine de la mère PoulardEric VannierEditions du Chêne18,88
- Gratins malins - Les meilleures recettesNoëmie AndréLarousse6,95
- Ladurée sucré version anglaisePhilippe AndrieuEditions du Chêne
- Les contemplations gourmandesFlorian V. HugoMichel Lafon